What does feeling successful look like for you? Having money in the bank. University degrees. A big home. Car and TV. Or like this gorgeous girl simply jumping for joy.
What holds you back from feeling successful
More often than not you’ll find what’s getting in the way of feeling successful are your own emotions. Those annoying feelings that keep appearing no matter how hard you try to ignore them. Hide from them. Pretend you don’t feel them.
At some point in your life, you got it into your head that you were not a success. No matter what you do or how hard you try you simply don’t feel a success.
Yet, you remain driven to feeling successful. You do and do. And it’s still not happening to you. You keep looking outward for all those signs of success that we are brought up to believing makes us a success.
What you don’t realise is that it comes from within. This took me a while to understand. Feeling successful is different for everyone. Yet, society, media and adverts keep telling us to be successful you need to own so much stuff. And then some more.
In fact, you are told to keep aiming for the next big thing, once you have achieved your goal.
This leads you down the never-ending cycle of never feeling enough. Never feeling you are reaching your goals.
It’s exhausting and becomes pointless. You don’t feel satisfied. You begin to wonder what it’s all about.
feelings that hold you back from feeling successful
Once you decide to sit down and look at what is stopping you, you’ll begin to see what is holding you back. In fact, you begin to realise that you are the one stopping yourself.
In other words, you see how you are waiting for the perfect time – you will never get there …
You are wanting to eliminate all risks involved – impossible …
Furthermore, you are waiting until you stop feeling afraid – that will never come …
So you keep running. Driving yourself to the ground. It’s never ever going to be enough. And there is no pleasure in how you are leading your life.
As a result, you don’t pause and appreciate the success you’ve already had. No matter how big or small. Potential burn out here we come.
here are 8 fears that are stopping you
When you take a closer look at your blocks, you’ll find there are a few of these fears lurking somewhere in the background.
It’s time to face them. Acknowledge, accept and let them be. This way you’ll release energy and create flow in your life.
In other words, feeling successful will be unleashed changing your whole perception of life. And you’ll be jumping with joy as this girl.
You’ll feel confident. Joyful. Excited. Successful. Energised. Open. Receptive.
What fears no longer need to be suppressed:
- fear of failure – that can be deeply inherent in you. It can come from a childhood experience. Or something someone said to you all those years ago.
- fear of inadequacy – that awful sense of never quite feeling you are enough. No matter what you do or say. Despite being top of your class. Receiving 1st class honours. A PhD. The best in your sports team. A fantastic artist. Dancer. Singer. Clever with your hands.
- fear of being judged – so often you are unaware of the fact that you have stopped yourself from feeling successful out of fear of being judged. Out of fear of being compared to others. In fact, you are your own worst judge. You do the comparing and judging.
- fear of uncertainty – when you feel you are a failure, inadequate and being judged you feel uncertain. You lack the confidence to step out and take risks. You are forever second-guessing yourself.
- fear of rejection – in addition to all of the above, you fear being rejected. What will people think? What will they say if I make a mistake or succeed? Will I still be accepted and liked?
- fear of change – when you have all these fears you want to stay in your comfort zone. You want to stay where it’s safe. Safe from rejection, uncertainty, judgement, feeling inadequate and a failure. You take the easy option.
- fear of losing control – feeling successful means letting go of control. In other words, you have to step into the big dark unknown. That place where you can’t see because you don’t know what it looks like yet. And that is scary.
- fear of responsibility – last but not least, you have to take responsibility in all that you do. It’s not about getting it right. Or getting it wrong. It’s about saying I’m responsible for all the choices I make. Wise or unwise. Successful or unsuccessful.
Does any of this resonate? Do any of these ring any alarm bells for you?
In conclusion, it’s up to you to face your fears.
It can take courage to acknowledge that you are feeling any of these.
And it most certainly did for me. And still can do each time I take my business to another level.
Do take the time to get to know yourself. To see what holds you back from feeling successful. Let me tell you it’s well worth your while.
Only now I have the tools to support me each time. And that is why I love doing what I do as I have not only experienced all of these. I also love seeing you begin to feel successful in all that you do and all that you are.
If you would love to invest in yourself with me, click on this link to find out more about my ‘Being Confidently You’ one of one package.
Love you to share this with anyone you think would benefit from these ideas. And leave a comment with your thoughts. As there is always more we can learn from each other.
Chantal Vanderhaeghen is an intuitive guide, small business owner, creator of an international skincare brand, passionate philanthropist and meditation, reiki, tapping and mindfulness teacher. She works with women ready to make changes, shatters perceptions of beauty and perfection, and inspires people ready to become mindful entrepreneurs. She lives with her talented man in the Perth Hills and can be found online at www.unfoldyoufreedom.com.au
how you can work with me