End of the week. At last! For some of us, it is literally the end of the work week. And for others, it’s the start. Whichever way why not create a wonderful end of week ritual? A great way to let go and prepare for the weekend.
end of week ritual
TGIF – thank God it’s Friday. Somehow this has become a catchphrase signalling the end of the week. It is used to express the joy you feel in knowing that the work week has officially ended. And that you have two days off to enjoy with family and friends.
So how can you let go of your week to relax and fully enjoy? By creating a ritual. I love rituals as they create a sense of structure, a beginning and an end. By that, I mean that I feel one way before the ritual. And another way after. I’m transformed. I have let go of what I have needed to come back to a state of peace and calm.
After a long week at work, you can feel frenetic, wound up, exhausted, fraught, and overtired. And more often than not you take that home with you. It isn’t easy to let go and step into a different role and atmosphere. A ritual helps you transition from work mode to being at home mode.
what to do
In fact, you can do this every day if you want. Not only does it create structure, it also creates a sense of achievement. And it improves productivity and supports time management. And you feel more positive, confident with a spring in your step.
- Set aside a few moments at the end of the day to create a to-do list for either the next day or the next week. This way you can let go of worry and an overactive mind.
- As you do this take a moment to look at what you have achieved and what still needs to get done.
- Then look at why you didn’t. It is so easy to be distracted and chase shiny balls. I know I am good at this, particularly when I have to complete something I don’t like doing. Or is new to me. This is, of course, time consuming and inefficient.
- And look at what you did do. This gives your confidence a boost and a sense of achievement. I use a journal for this writing it down anchors it in. If you unsure how to journal or need a reminder, you may like to purchase my How to Journal ebook.
- Use your trip home from the office to let go. Instead of listening to music or the news, why not drive in silence to start connecting to your inner calm. Or even take a different route home to get a change of scenery.
- Do some exercise on your way home to let off steam.
- Once home have a shower to release the day from your body, mind, and soul using lovely soaps and products. I love visualising and releasing my day as the water washes over me. It feels cleansing and refreshing. And make a point of wearing home clothes. Use this a signal that you are now in relaxation mode. And it is time to have fun and connect with your loved ones.
- And finally, switch off. Use this time to rejuvenate, revive, be present and release. There is nothing more pleasurable than this.
That is it. Your end of week ritual. Now, this is only the start. Enjoy creating your own. And to listen to this guided meditation that goes hand in hand with it.
Love this post? Or know someone who needs to read this? Please share away! I would also love to hear what you think about my post, leave me a comment below ♥
Chantal Vanderhaeghen is an intuitive guide, small business owner, creator of an international skincare brand, passionate philanthropist and meditation, reiki, tapping and mindfulness teacher. She works with women ready to make changes, shatters perceptions of beauty and perfection, and inspires people ready to become mindful entrepreneurs. She lives with her talented man in the Perth Hills and can be found online at www.unfoldyoufreedom.com.au
how you can work with me