We all love to feel calm and relaxed without taking too much effort to do so. And doing a yoga nidra practice on a regular basis is a great way to get into this blissful restorative state. Furthermore, you can do it lying down!
what is yoga nidra?
It is a beautiful practice of taking you into deep space between consciousness and wakefulness. It helps you release tension and stress taking you into a state of peace and calm. You have also heard it be called ‘psychic sleep’ taking you into a sacred space tapping into your deepest thoughts, feelings, emotions, and desires.
In this guided practice, you consciously take your attention to different parts of your body through the rotation of consciousness. You are focussing on each part of your body to bring you into the present moment. As a result, this helps you conserve energy and to relax your body, mind, and soul. It is both a body scan as well as a breath awareness meditation.
Yoga nidra gives you the opportunity and a space to explore what you need right in this moment. And the chance to work on releasing long-held emotions. It is about conscious practice, not conscious effort.
how to get started?
- This practice is best suited lying on your back on your bed or the floor in your sacred space (to find out how to create yours click on this link to receive your gorgeous ebook).
- Where possible have an empty stomach.
- Make sure you are comfortable and warm.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to welcome you into the present moment and into this blissful practice.
- Create your sankalpa or resolve – this is a positive short statement in the present tense. For example, “I am feeling peaceful’.
- Once you have your sankalpa state it three times as though it is already happening.
- Now start your yoga nidra practice by listening to my guided meditation.
- At the end, repeat it again 3 times sealing it in before you get on with the rest of your day.
- Above all enjoy.
Love this post? Or know someone who needs to read this? Please share away! I would also love to hear what you think about my post, leave me a comment below ♥
Wanting to know more about how you can bring meditation and mindfulness into your life? Take a peek at my Unfold Your Meditation online course where I bring together my years of experience, knowledge and skill in one place for you to learn and experience this amazing practice.
Chantal Vanderhaeghen is an intuitive guide, small business owner, creator of an international skincare brand, passionate philanthropist and meditation, reiki, tapping and mindfulness teacher. She works with women ready to make changes, shatters perceptions of beauty and perfection, and inspires people ready to become mindful entrepreneurs. She lives with her talented man in the Perth Hills and can be found online at www.unfoldyoufreedom.com.au
how you can work with me